Tuesday, December 3, 2013

12-3-13 Fishing Report

Yesterday I wrapped up my 2013 guiding season with one of the best steelhead of the year! Not bad, considering we put more steelhead in my boat this fall that were over 15 pounds than I've ever done in a single season.

When I made the decision several years ago to only offer swung fly fishing during the fall I knew I was in for some days that would be tough, and each season we always have a few of those days. When the difference between a good day swinging and a tough day swinging comes down to just a steelhead or two, there's not a big margin for error. I have to admit though, pursuing my passion for catching steelhead in such a challenging manner has been a great decision and I wouldn't have it any other way.

This fall had it's challenges with some days of horrible weather and high water for a couple weeks but overall the reward was big, and by big I mean really big fish! Many thanks to all my clients who trusted me with their hard earned money to get them in the right spots with the right flies for maximum opportunity. Thanks for your support and I look forward to seeing you again next season.

Congrats to Steve on a fantastic catch!

Also, this coming Saturday I will be one of the featured tiers at the 14th Annual Fly Tying Expo in Holt, MI. My class will be from 10am to 10:45am and I'll show you how to tie my best patterns for bass and steelhead. You can find more info at this link.  

http://fffglctesting.com/?page_id=9

I hope to see you there!